The future of wildlife in this country depends on the youth and we believe that through investment in education and training, we at Limpopo-Lipadi are able to make a difference that will last well into the future.
The Bushbabies project is one of our most rewarding initiatives. We partner with the local schools to present the annual conservation module of their curriculum. This project is done in conjunction with Youth4African Wildlife.
Other projects undertaken by means of the generous donations from our shareholders were building a house in Tsetsebjwe for the destitute; the completion of the Bobonong Community Centre for the impoverished and orphaned; the erection of the monument at Moletamane in commemoration of the 50th year of Botswana’s independence.
In a recent drive, school children had their eyes tested and after a donation of 80 pairs of glasses had their eyesight improved.
Our staff spend a lot of time away from their families and homes. Again by shareholder initiative, a church has been built for the staff to congregate on Friday evenings.
We have had a nursery school built for the staff’s children who may attend up to 5 years of age. Beauty Ketlogetswe is our teacher, who is brilliant at teaching kids how to do basic maths, to read and write.
An important initiative is the Ann Salmon Scholarship award which is an annual scholarship at Limpopo-Lipadi towards staff training. The first scholarship was awarded to Gofa, a member of the housekeeping team. After training as a chef in Maun, Gofa has returned to the Reserve to showcase her excellent cooking skills.
• School Meals programmes
• Providing hand sanitizer stations and building handwashing stations at 4 schools
• Donating medical equipment (e.g. beds, wheelchairs, lab equipment) for the Tsetsebjwe Clinic and Bobonong Hospital
• Donating school equipment (e.g. 4 duplicators/ copiers)
• Uplifting school infrastructure (e.g. covered assembly area)
• Students & teachers visit Limpopo-Lipadi for game drives to learn about conservation
• Art classes in schools and villages
• Donating recreation facilities in villages
• Hosting boys and girls sport tournaments
• Work skills sessions: basic IT-skills (Word, Excel) in schools
If you are interested in donating to one of our worthy causes, you may bring donations of any kind to our office. The items are distributed to those in need by our Motse partners.
General School Supplies:
Book Bags, College-Ruled Paper, Coloured Pencils, Dry-Erase Markers, Erasers, Glue Sticks, Handheld Pencil Sharpeners, Markers, Pencils, Pencil Cases/Bags, Pens, Rulers, Craft Scissors, Solar Lantern Lights, (English) Biology and General Science Books. Acrylic Brushes and Paints, Beads for Bead Work.
Inflation Pumps, Netball/Basketballs, Soccer Balls, Whistles.